San Diego Laser Therapy For Dogs & Cats
At Otay Pet Vets, we are committed to doing what we can to keep your pet pain-free. We are excited to offer Companion Laser Therapy to our patients. Laser therapy provides an excellent non-invasive, pain-free, surgery-free, and drug-free treatment option for pets who have a chronic health condition or suffer from chronic pain.
Applications for Pet Laser Therapy Include:
- Treatment of arthritis, degenerative joint disease, or hip dysplasia
- General pain management (sprains, strains, and stiffness)
- Post-surgery pain (neuters, spays, declaws, and more)
- Skin problems (hot spots, lick granulomas, infections)
- Dental procedures
- Fractures and wounds (bites, abrasions, and lesions)
- Ear infections
How Does Laser Therapy Work?
Laser therapy is designed to stimulate the body to heal from within through the administration of non-thermal photons on light for between 3 and 8 minutes. The light is absorbed by the injured cells which are then stimulated to respond with a higher rate of metabolism. The result is a relief from pain, increased circulation, reduced inflammation, and accelerated healing process.
Overall, laser therapy provides relief for your pet. Occasionally cats will purr and dogs actually fall asleep during the session. The response from pet owners is always positive. We’re excited to see each of our patients’ lives improved through therapy.
Signs of Pain in Pets
Your pet may be a candidate for Companion Laser Therapy if they are suffering from a chronic physical condition or experience pain. Some signs of pain and discomfort may be:
- Abnormal sitting or lying posture
- Circling multiple times before lying down
- Whining, groaning, or other vocalizations
- Limping, unable to get up or lie down
- Difficulty getting into a car, or up or down stairs
- Lack of grooming
- Won’t wag tail
- Licking or biting area
- Lack of appetite
If you are interested in learning more about our laser therapy offerings at Otay Pet Vets, please contact our team. We’ll be happy to give you more information.